Hongkong Tour (Day 4) : Have Fun at Hongkong Disneyland
Today i specifically spent all day in Hongkong Disneyland. Since Hongkong Disneyland open at 11 noon, we departed from Hostel around 10 o’clock. The way to Disneyland itself is quite easy to understand. You can just ride MTR Orange line (Tung Chung line) up to Sunny Bay station (Click the link if you want to see Hongkong MTR Map). The journey from Hongkong Island MTR takes about 45 minutes because we have to change Blue line to Orange line at Central. Arriving at Sunny Bay we have to change to Disneyland special train. The train will be very easily recognized because from window to interior seats and handrails all shaped Disney’s Mickey’s head.
Arrive at the Disneyland Resort stations, we just follow the crowds go toward the gate of Disneyland. If you have not buy the ticket before, you must buy the ticket at ticket office.
The prices of the 1-Day Ticket are :
- HK$399 for General Admission Ticket (aged 12–64),
- HK$285 for a Child Ticket (aged 3–11)
- Senior 1-Day Ticket price will be cut by 41% from HK$170 to HK$100.
Ticket does not apply if you come in holiday season. For example when i come today, there is only couple days remaining ahead to Lunar New Year. If you come to this park next week, Disneyland admission ticket prices will be more expensive. So my advice, you should visit Disneyland on ordinary day.
To pass the entrance gate, the officer will ask you to show what inside your bag. To my knowledge this examination objective is to find food and drinks. For the sake of cleanliness in the Disneyland visitors are not allowed to bring food (cakes, noodles, et al). However, oddly enough, although I carry a lot of bread, boxes of food and beverages, the officer still allow me to enter.
Overall Disneyland is built more targeted children as their main visitor. Compared to Universal Studios, Disneyland is more suitable for children and adolescents. You will not find too extreme rides here. But in my opinion the show performances and the design of each area is very cool.
The park and rides are divided into 5 areas, Main Street USA, Adventure Land, Toy Story Land, Fantasy Land and Tomorrow Land. If it is not too crowded, after enter the entrace gate you should not miss the opportunity to take pictures with Disney characters Mickey Minie, Stich, Donald Duck, Guffy or maybe Winnie the Pooh.
In theory, it is impossible to explore and enjoy all the rides in one day. There rides must be passed or skipped. So you should first determine what attractions you want to play.
Take brochures Times Guide to check the hours of each show. Take a brochure Guide Map to determine which section of the park you want to visit first.
From the entrance you will pass through Main Street USA before arrive at Sleeping Beauty Castle (Disney logo that usually appear at the opening of all the Disney movies).
From Sleeping Beauty Castle you can determine whether to pass through Adventure Island (left side) or Tomorrow Land (right side).
If you only have one day to play here, then you must estimate your time in every section of the park. If you don’t, then you will miss a lot of amazing things in this park. To help you determine which attraction to play, below i’ll make a list of attractive rides at Disneyland.
- “Festival of the Lion King” (Colorful pageant of music and dance inspired by Lion King Movie). In this show, each characters in Lion King movie is represented by real person and each story displayed in the form of music and dance.
- “Jungle River Cruise” (Ride a boat around Adventure Island).
- “Tarzan Treehouse” (Climb to treetop home of Tarzan. There is musical instrument inside)
Toy Story Land
- “Toy Soldier Parachute Drop” (drop ride from the height like a soldier who parachuted from the plane)
- “RC Racer” (similar to Galeon boat ride with steeper slope).
In this area you will see more perfomance than play a ride.
- “Mickey’s Philhar Magic” (4D movie about the adventures of Donald Duck who got lost in the various Disney world).
- “The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh” (a kind of storytelling where you ride the train into the world of Winnie the Pooh).
- “The Golden Mickeys” (a musical performance that combined with dance and light effects are cool).
- “Space Mountain” (a kind of indoor roller coaster with space themed)
This is a mandatory attraction you must ride at Disneyland. I think this is the most thrilling rides at Hongkong Disneyland.
- “Stich Encounter” (watch a movie about the questions and answers between the visitors and Stich from the film). This game is very unique, because every show is never be same. The movie will react as the audience response.
- “Buzz Light year Astro Blaster” (shooting game using a cart). You can compare your score with the highest score ever there.
Tips to get cheap souvernir : With only HK$ 10 coin, we can get a plate with Disney theme. Open a map of Disney and find the coin press machine (there are several machines with different pictures). Throw a special coin, then turn the steering wheel to drive the machine. Soon coins that have been printed image will be flattened out.
Flights of Fantasy Parade
And every afternoon at 4 o’clock there are always Parade through the main road inside the park. The parade celebrates the dreams of Disney characters and includes Disney characters such as Mickey and friends, Dumbo, Winnie the Pooh and friends, Snow White, Cinderella, Simba, Tinkerbell, Stitch, Woody, Buzz Lightyear, etc. The parade includes seven floats which include Mickey’s Magical Airship, Caught Up in Daydreams, Romance Takes Wing, Junpin’ Jungle Jam, The Magic of Pixie Dust, Hangin’ Ten and Ridin’ High, and To infinity and Beyond.
“Disney in the Stars” Fireworks
At the night (regular hours of 8pm) there is Disneyland-style firework in front of the Sleeping Beauty Castle, so do not miss the show because this is an eagerly awaited event by all visitors.
Tips: 30 minutes before the event you should find the best spot to watch the fireworks. Prepare enough batteries to tripods so can shoot and take a sharp image from the camera.
The end of the fireworks means the park is closed. No more rides you can play that time. But for those who are still not satisfied can still go into souvernir stores to buy souvenirs.
Because everybody go home at the same hour, you may have to queue to go up into the MTR train again. But once up to Sunny Bay, Disneyland visitors will mix with the locals on the train but it should not be too crowded because we are in the flow entering the city.
Incoming search terms:
- disneyland brochure
- disneyland hongkong
- hongkong disneyland
- disney hong kong
- disneyland shanghai
- hong kong disneyland guide map
- hong kong disneyland map 2012
- hong kong disneyland map
- disneyland hong kong