How to Root Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 SM-T230/T231
Last week, i decided to root my tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 SM-T231. The main reason, why i finally rooted my tablet is because i want to install Clash of Clans Mod app in XModGames. By using XModGames, there will be some features you can use to be better Clash of Clans player. The most important feature in COC Mod applications is Sandbox Attack, which is make us able to do simulation by trying attack base before having a real attack in Clan Wars. This feature of course will make us become better player because we can try several attack strategy and build some confidence in Clan Wars.
After i search in Google, it seems there isn’t too many root method for Galaxy Tab 4. It’s quite common, regarding the release of Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 is just 3 months ago. Usually it needs about 6 months, before the root method release in the internet. After read some of comments of each root i found, i finally choose to use VRoot Method in this link and it’s worked. Below is step by step guide how to root Samsung Galaxy Tab 4.
Note : This root only works on SM-T230/T231. I read some comments in the forum said that this root method didn’t work in T230NU and T235. So try it with your own risk.
1. Download, install http://vendyxiao.com/download/VRoot_126.96.36.19908_Setup.exe on PC.
2. Enable USB Debugging in developer options on your tablet. Go to Settings in General section. Click About device and tap Build number until Developer options appear.
Check USB debugging in Developer options.
3. Then connect your Tab to PC.
4. Run VRoot aplications and if there’s a newer version of the software, it will update automatically. After update, it will automatically recognize your device. Click the green button on the application. Wait until finished, your tablet should be restart during the process.
I don’t know if these steps below required or not, because i successfully root my tablet without following step 5 below.
5. Download file http://vendyxiao.com/download/Replace_VRoot_With_SuperSU.zip and extract the zip.
6. Put mrw folder thats exctracted into your internal storage.
7. Download Android Terminal Emulator from Play Store and open it
su (then grant it su permission”)
and wait til it reboots. Go into Settings>Applications> and uninstall the app in Chinese, then open the Play Store search SuperSU and update it and then open SuperSU so it updates the binary (click normal) and you’re done.
Incoming search terms:
- SM-T230 ROOT