How to Display Chinese Characters in WordPress
Since I am now studying in China and began to use a lot of Chinese language in daily life, then it seems it also happens to my blogging habits. I’m starting to create some articles using chinese language. I’ve already tried it in blogger, and the result is no problem at all. However, when I tried it on wordpress results were different. When I write chinese characters in WordPress it displayed only ??? not a characters like this 汉语文章. After searching on google I found the Lee Ping Loon article about how to solve this problem. Finally, my wordpress can display chinese characters.
1. Enter your website control panel http://yourwebsite.com/cpanel
2. Look for Database Section and click phpMyAdmin
3. Click Databases and then choose which database of your blog
4. You can change all the table in database, but i personally only modify wp_comments and wp_posts. Click Edit button
5. Change all the field in each table
6. Change the Collation into utf8_unicode_ci and click Save
7. Your blog already support chinese characters. Try to make a new article using chinese characters and see the result.