How to Access Blocked Website using Firefox / Chrome in Mac / Windows
Several months ago, i ever wrote an article about How to Access Blocked Website (Facebook, Twitter, IMDB, Youtube, etc). When i was staying at China, i had a problem accessing several website such as Facebook, Twitter, IMDB, Youtube, etc. Because i had to use Windows that time, i always used Hotspot Shield and Freegate to access those blocked website. Several days ago, Indonesia government also block a lot of website on the internet, especially porn and mp3 illegal download website. But some time ago, some non-porn and non-illegal website like Metacafe, Youtube, Myspace, Rapidshare, Multiply because of Fitna controversial movie. Because of this, once again i try to find a way how to access them like before.
Because i don’t use Windows anymore, i can’t use freegate like when i was in China last year. Actually, it is not because it can’t, but i don’t want to use Windows anymore here. My Windows still inside my Mac OS X, but i try to find another way how to access blocked website without using software like freegate in my computer. After searching around on Google and did some trial, i finally found an effective and easy way to access the blocked website. I don’t use proxy based on website, because it seems main internet service provider in Indonesia already blocked them too. So i use proxy based on your internet browser network setting. For you who don’t know how to do it, i will share to you step by step guide how to do this. I use proxy to do this. And it work both in Windows and Mac OS X.
1. First thing to do is bookmark this IP-Proxy List website
2. What you have to do here is choose the Proxy you want to use based on the list on that website. Just click Check It to test it.
3. If you already choose the proxy IP, copy the proxy ip address and open your Internet Browser.
Note : I created the tutorial based on Mac OS X Interface
4. For you who use Firefox as your primary browser, go to Firefox Menu and click Preferences
5. Go to Advanced Tab Menu and click Network and then click Settings…
6. Choose Manual proxy configuration and enter the HTTP Proxy with IP that you copied from proxy list in point no 1 and check the Use this proxy server for all protocols.
7. Click Ok and try to open the blocked website. If it failed, then you can try another proxy ip address in point 1
Google Chrome Users
Google Chrome setting is not complex as Firefox Preferences. But i found a very cool extensions to solve this problem. It’s Switchy!, The Proxy Manager for Google Chrome. This extension make Google Chrome more flexible when using proxy.
4. Just go to Switchy website.
5. Install the extension.
6. After you finished installing Switchy extension you will find a globe icon on your Google Chrome browser.
7. Click the Globe icon and choose Options.
5. Create New Profile.
8. Enter the HTTP Proxy and the Port based on the Proxy IP Address that you got on Point 1 and check the Use the same proxy server for all protocols.
9. Click Save.
10. When you want to use proxy, what you need to do is click the globe icon and chose the Proxy you already create and then enter the blocked website address to load. If you don’t want to use proxy anymore just click the globe icon again and choose Direct Connection.
Incoming search terms:
- how to access blocked sites without proxy
- how to open blocked sites in indonesia
- how to unblock blocked sites in firefox
- how to open blocked websites in firefox
- how to open blocked sites in firefox
- how to open blocked sites without proxy
- proxy list
- how to open blocked websites
- how to use freegate with chrome
- how to open blocked sites in chrome