If you’ve read my previous article Step by Step Guide to build Internet Business, so now I’ll explain a bit more detail about each step of the flow. For those of you who have not read, I suggest you to read this post first. Okay … as I’ve explained before, that the first step you should do to start internet business is to find ideas. Actually this step is exactly the same in the real business world. Before we open a business whether it be a store, factory, or a company, first we must decide in what field / sector we want to deal for our business. After knowing in what field we want do then we’ll find market opportunities that exist in it. In the world of internet marketing, this is known as a niche.
Niche: Wedding Gown, gift for guests, wedding party, wedding rings, honeymoon travel package, service, event planning, restaurant or place of the party, invitations, video recordings, etc..
The first step is very important. Because without this first step, then we can not build any business. And more than 70% of people who fail at the internet business is failing in this first step.
There are two types of people who fail at this step :
1. The first is the type of person who does not have an idea at all
2. The second is type of person who had too many ideas but do not know which one is potential
If you are one of the first type, then I suggest to start it from your hobbies and dreams respectively. No need to think too far. What is your hobby, the most passionate about, most like to do, even if you don’t get paid you still like to do it. If you can find one idea that means the field is very suitable for you. Fishing hobby? Reading books, writing, drawing, craft & handicraft making, anything can do… start from there. Then focus on the hobbies and dreams. Well … For those of you who still get stuck or having bottle neck on thinking an idea, then I have a few tips on how to find ideas
1. Visit http://www.google.com/intl/en/press/zeitgeist.html to know what the most popular trend in a year
2. Follow all the latest news through information portals to find news, information and development of what is happening in the world lately. Example: cnn, associated press, new york times, usa today, washington post, CNBC, google news, yahoo, etc
3. Being active in forum
– Know the news, general information section in the forum
– Explore certain topics in more detail to find out what many people today talk about it. Look for opportunities that lie behind it
– Join what many people are learning currently
– Find out what people are now buying and selling in marketplace section in the forum
Example: digital forum, warrior forum, v7n, kaskus, bluefame, the zone, big boards, elite traders, etc.
4. Visit Article Directory to check out the latest things that are being promoted
5. Check affiliate & shopping mall website like amazon, clickbank, ebay to check on how the demand and what is being sold in the market and check the list of best sellers to be reckoned with
Why Amazon? Most of Books that sold on amazon is physical book. When Publisher dare to print thousands of copies of books, then there must be a market willing to buy the book. Choose one topic from books sold at Amazon
You can check best seller list at : http://amazon.com/gp/bestsellers
Why Ebay? Ebay is a gathering place of all seller and buyer in the world. Make what the best seller item in Ebay as an idea. You can check out what’s hot on Ebay in http://pages.ebay.com/sell/whatshot/index.html or you can check what the most items searched by peoples at http://pulse.ebay.com
Just like ebay, but clickbank only focused on digital product
– Yahoo Shopping
Just like ebay, Yahoo also be used to search for ideas about what people search currently. visit http://shopping.yahoo.com
6. Watch the lastest trend developing currently –> Choose one from the list
7. Check Google Product Search at http://www.google.com/shopping
8. Check Open Directory Project to find out what projects are in the market today. Example : http://www.DMOZ.org
9. Subscribe Magazine Subscription http://magazine.com
Magazine who has a lot of subscriber is a potential niche to consider
11. Check AdWords and other advertising that already exists to know what is being done by other internet marketers (competitor)
12. Reading blogs from proven world class Internet Marketer to learn anything new in the world of internet marketing. Example: Ewen Chia, Brett Mcfall, John Chow, Stephen Pierce, etc.